West Side Family Place On-Call Family Drop-in Assistant
West Side Family Place is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, caring and compassionate individual to join
our team as an on-call Family Drop-in Assistant.
West Side Family Place is an affordable, accessible and inclusive family resource program offering a daily
drop in for children and their caregivers, as well as parent education on Vancouver’s West Side.
The Family Drop-In Assistant is a member of the staff team responsible for planning, delivering and
evaluating a stimulating, creative early learning play-based environment in a busy multicultural family
resource program for children from birth to five and their parents/ caregivers. This position reports to
the Executive Director.
Due to the evolving COVID 19 situation and its impact on family programs, the day-to-day job
requirements will require flexibility and adaptability. Development of online content and physically
distanced outdoor programming is anticipated until regular programming can safely resume.
- Work collaboratively with staff to provide an enriched, stimulating family drop-in program in a
culturally and socio-economically diverse community for families with children birth to six.
- Assist staff to plan and implement a full range of developmental and age appropriate activities
in a physically distanced indoor or outdoor setting.
- Play an active role in the support of the parents and other adults who attend the drop-in.
Assist in linking families, particularly newcomer families, with other families, community
resources and the community at large.
- Participate fully in all Family Place functions, including a variety of administrative duties, as
- Previous experience working with children, birth to five years an asset
- Previous experience working with parents and caregivers
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-cultural, multi-lingual setting
- Second language an asset
- A police information check (criminal record check) will be required
WAGES AND BENEFIT
Employment type: On Call
Submit Resumes by: October 30, 2020
Diane Elliott-Buckley, Executive Director
West Side Family Place
2819 West 11th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 2M2