West Side Family Place is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, caring and compassionate individual to join our team as a program volunteer for Thursday mornings from 9am to 1pm.
West Side Family Place is an affordable, accessible and inclusive family resource program offering a daily drop in for children and their caregivers, as well as parent education on Vancouver’s West Side.
The volunteer will assist the staff team in delivering a stimulating, creative early learning play-based environment in a busy multicultural family resource program for children from birth to five and their parents/ caregivers.
Due to the evolving COVID 19 situation we are only providing physically distanced outdoor programs
- Support a range of developmental and age-appropriate activities in a physically distanced
- Help set up and take down activity stations
- Maintain a clean and COVID-safe program space
- Greet parents and assist with participant sign-in Interact with adults and children who attend the drop-in
- Previous experience working with children, birth to five years an asset
- Previous experience working with parents and caregivers
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-cultural, multi-lingual setting
- Second language an asset
- A police information check (criminal record check) will be required
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org