FAMILY PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Temporary Full-Time Position (30 hrs/week)
June 7 to August 27, 2021
West Side Family Place is looking for a dynamic and compassionate individual to join our team as a Family Program Assistant.
West Side Family Place is an accessible and inclusive family resource program offering play-based programs for children and their caregivers on Vancouver’s West Side.
The Family Program Assistant is a member of the staff team responsible for delivering a stimulating, early learning program for children from birth to five and their parents/ caregivers. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Due to the evolving COVID 19 situation and its impact on family programs, the day-to-day job requirements will require flexibility and adaptability. Development of online content and physically distanced outdoor programming is anticipated until regular programming can safely resume.
- Work collaboratively with staff to provide an enriched, stimulating outdoor family program in a culturally diverse community for families with children birth to six.
- Assist staff to plan and implement a full range of developmental and age-appropriate activities in a physically distanced outdoor setting.
- Play an active role in the support of the parents and other adults who attend the drop-in.
Assist in linking families to other families, community resources and the community at large.
- Participate fully in all Family Place functions, including a variety of administrative duties, as required.
- Previous experience working with children, birth to five years an asset.
- Previous experience working with parents and caregivers an asset.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cross-cultural, multi-lingual setting.
- Second language an asset.
Employment type: Temporary full-time
As this is Canada Summer Job Position (an initiative of the Canadian Government’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy) all candidates must be aged between 18 to 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
In addition, a police information check (criminal record check) will be required.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter by: May 24, 2021
Diane Elliott-Buckley, Executive Director
West Side Family Place
2819 West 11th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 2M2